Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin simply doesn't launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there !

I haven't been using Dolphin in a couple of months, today I decided I'll play some Wii games again, and decided to start Dolphin.

It was a 2 month old development version, which was working just fine. When I launch the executable, nothing happens. The blue wheel appears next to my cursor for a second, and nothing. When I try with Dolphin 5.0 stable, it loads up and crashed instantly, like a flash.

I checked the task manager, it's not even running in the background.

I tried installing the latest version of VC-redist, and still the same.

I even tried updating to the latest development version, and nothing either.
I tried disabling Windows Defender, still nothing.

I don't understand because I don't think I've changed anything significant on my PC, I have no idea why it won't launch.

Dolphin.log is empty so I can't provide any logs

Can anyone help out ? That's the kind of problem that seems hard to figure out.
I just tried on my laptop as well, and the exact same thing happens. Nothing worked perfectly a couple of months ago, but won't launch now. Really strange stuff
I'm afraid I must up this, as more than a month later I still haven't found a solution. I do realize there's little information to actually figure out what's going on, but I'm really stuck, I've been using Dolphin since 3.5 and this never happened to me before.

It is also really weird that the exact same thing happens with my laptop
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that Dolphin does actually recreate all the necessary folders in My Documents/Dolphin Emulator whenever I delete them and start dolphin again. Even though nothing appears, it seems like it's actually not crashing right away and actually doing some stuff.
Do you happen to have vJoy installed? If so, try uninstalling it.
(02-18-2021, 04:38 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Do you happen to have vJoy installed? If so, try uninstalling it.

aaaaand this is it ! I did try to use my PSVita as a controller on both my laptop and my desktop, so they both had vJoy installed !!

I cannot express how grateful I am, I was really missing playing some of my favorite games in HD. 

Thanks so much !

HaloWarsTNT

(01-02-2021, 06:54 AM)FoxTrotte Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried on my laptop as well, and the exact same thing happens. Nothing worked perfectly a couple of months ago, but won't launch now. Really strange stuff

Thats happening to me on mac as well, although i just reinstalled it and every time i attempt to launch it doesnt open and if it does open it instantly closes. I did notice that it was creating files in its directory like its supposed to each time i attempted to launch it so yea... I know this isnt helpful but yea Im in the same boat as you just a different OS