Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to view inputs in real time during DTM playback?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CyclopsDragon

I seem to remember this being possible on an older version of Dolphin, but in my current version (5.0-12716), I can't find any way to do this. I'm trying to hex edit sections of a TAS together, but there seem to be differences in lag frames between the recording I'm editing in and the recording I'm adding it to, so I'd like to instead just watch the inputs of the first recording and input them manually into the second recording. My only other option is to manually edit lag frames in and out of the recording, and I'm struggling to make that work.
This should be possible with Movie > Show Input Display. Unless it's broken...?

CyclopsDragon

(12-17-2020, 07:05 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This should be possible with Movie > Show Input Display. Unless it's broken...?

Wow, not sure how I missed this, that's exactly what I needed. Is there any way to expand the input display window? It seems like the default positions of my controller's triggers is slightly down, which is causing them to be displayed in the recorded inputs and cutting off the analog stick's inputs (see attached image).
You can drag the corner of the "window" with your mouse to resize it.

CyclopsDragon

Ohh, I see, I wasn't able to do that while emulation was paused. Thank you so much for your help!