Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rayman3usalogo310.jpg]

About the game-
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc is the third major platforming installment in the Rayman series. It tells the story of how Rayman stops André, an evil black lum, from taking over the world with his army of sack-like 'Hoodlum' soldiers. The game has sarcastic self-referential undertones and pokes fun at the platforming video game genre. It was released in early 2003 for various gaming platforms. Gamecube is the one we're looking at today.

Emulation Status and speed-
  • Dolphin revision used- Dolphin r4736 x64
  • Appears to be 100% playable
  • Perfect speed even on low end PC's like mine
  • Perfect graphics (using OpenGL)
  • Perfect Sound with music and voice acting

Glitches-
  • FMV's flash and are slow (doesn't affect ingame parts but happens on all graphics plugins)
  • Character shadows don't appear in D3D9 plugin (OpenGL works perfect)
  • ingame cutscene borders have a glitch in the letterbox on D3D plugin (OpenGL unaffected)

Other notes and comments-
  • NTSC Runs at 60 frames per second (make sure to enable that)
  • Already has a widescreen option ingame, so don't use hacks
  • Seems to have low system requirements in terms of GPU at least
  • Appears to run fullspeed and never slows down

This game is pretty much 99% flawless it seems when you run it with the OpenGL graphics plugin. The only glitch there is the flashing full motion videos, And there are only about 6-7 in the entire game. Most cutscenes are rendered in the ingame engine, which looks perfect, gorgeous, and works full speed even on my average computer. This game has a pre-programmed widescreen option, so don't use the hack, just change it in the ingame options. Personally, this game is great. It looks spectacular in high definition too! I can't output to more than 720p on this monitor though, so it's up to you.

By the way- This game is awesome. Just saying. There was also a PC port, but i'm not sure if it supported widescreen or not. This version does. And it seems to be possible to jack it up to higher resolutions. I'll have to get out my old copy of the PC game soon. For now though, this rocks too, no load times either, the PC one had those. Annoying CD swapping for those who got it on 3 CD's too.

Screenshots (game outputted to 1280x720)-
[Image: dolphingeneral.th.png] [Image: grhe411.th.png] [Image: grhe412.th.png] [Image: grhe413.th.png] [Image: grhe414.th.png] [Image: grhe415.th.png] [Image: grhe417.th.png]
Very nice. Dropped on official thread. Oh The Forum does allow for 500 kb pics if you don't feel like putting them on a image hosting service.
Thankies! Although you can see, some of these are well over 500kb lol! I used image shack for it, they don't really have a limit and i had an account there so...
Is full playable.
I make video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsHBhsf0uBE
Full speed, lag with Camtasia Studio.

N4R4Y4N4

Hello-

First of all, I would like to say how cool Dolphin is.

I have been playing Rayman 3 (about halfway done), but it seems that the new nightlies (since the compile failures) have an issue with this game. The game loads normally, but fails after the initial CGI introduction. Reverting back to 3.0-458 (the last release before the compile errors) fixes these issues.

I am running Dolphin in Mac OS X 10.7.2 on a Core2Quad @ 2.5GHz.

Not sure what the issue is or if this is even the correct thread to post this issue in (please forgive me if not).
Thanks for the report. Would you please raise a new issue for it in the googlecode page so it can be tracked?

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list

N4R4Y4N4

Sorry for the delayed response, skid:

Thanks for letting me know about the error reporting! I have posted an issue for Rayman 3 (ID 5401) with the problems outlined above.