Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing City Folk Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

agentmas

So i got Animal Crossing City Folk and i watched a youtube video of someone playing the game and he got about 33 fps. I only get around 20 fps and ive followed the guide on seting up dolphin. My specs are:

Video: Ati Radeon 3600 series
CPU: AMD Athlon 3700+ 2.26 ghz single core
RAM: 3 gigs
Operating System: Windows 7

Yes i know my CPU sucks but does that have a big impact on my FPS? i was thinking about swiching to a AMD Athlon 2.3 ghz quad core but i dont know if that will help. So is there anything else i can do to make my FPS higher? and will a higer CPU help?
Mm....The FPS depends of the speed of your CPU clock and the memory RAM, free disk space, etc.
Are you using the latest REV? In the latest, the speed has increased a bit and many graphics issues has been fixed.
Also FPS depends of the configuration of the emulator for the games.
You could try overclocking your CPU but is a bit hard and complicated. EX: 2.26 GHZ to 2.79 GHZ.
And as long as you meet the minimun requeriments you will play your games but if you have the recomended you will play at a decent speed.
(Wow now i know why i couldent log in i spelled my name rong fail DSmile im thinking about geting a 2.6 ghz quad core would that make it 35 fps? since the requirements are 6 ghz and i would be geting 7.8 i have a pretty decent video card and ill have 4 gigs of ram would that be good enough?
ohh and one other thing then i go to save animal crossing it says it couldent save do i HAVE to save with the emulator or is there any way to save it normaly? set a save directory?
to use 4 gigs of ram you need to have a 64 bit os and that depends on your cpu but if you could get a 64bit os running it would improve your performance greatly
I alrewady have windows 7 64-bit and curently have 3 gigs of ram im hoping to upgrade my computer from 3 gigs to 4 gigs and 2.26 ghz to 7.6 would that increase my game fps? when im playing my game he runs at half the speed he should be runing.
Well...Yes but overclocking has it owns risks. It is recomended upgrade your GHZ a bit, then a little more as far to get the wanted GHZ or RAM .
so jeff is my cpu causing the fps drop? im alrady overclocked to 208mhz
Mm......Let see.....You could see in Everest Ultimate edition the multiplier of the CPU x the FSB of the CPU. EX: if you overclocked to 208Mhz lets guess your multiplier is 11,5
You will get like : 2392 MHZ
In the emulation of Dolphin it has more influence the CPU than the Graphics card.
If you want try overclocking a bit more. Also use tools (CCCleaner, Tuneup) to get over the unnecesary things of your PC and keep the speed of it.
well if i overclock higher my system hangs and i just reinstalled this PC. I just wona know if upgrading my CPU and Ram will give me a big increase on game FPS.
Ohh and I checked hide cursor but its still showing how do i fix this?
(12-29-2009, 01:47 PM)Agentmass Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh and I checked hide cursor but its still showing how do i fix this?
Mm....I think for now that is only working with OpenGL plugin...
Mm....In DX plugin it appears that doesnt work.
Upgrading your PC will give you more speed but dont spect such like 30 FPS O.o. Sometimes the FPS depends on the REV, the Sistem and the enabled configuration.
Pages: 1 2