Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with configuration not sticking.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Acidic_Mikki

I should mention I’ve never worked with emulators before this.

Previously, my initial problem was the fact that the directory wasn’t going to my external hard drive, but my internal one, and it wasn’t letting me load any saves in the game I was emulating. I followed this tutorial:

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont..._Directory

And fixed it, but since doing that, nothing in the program itself is saving. Everytime I open Dolphin, it's as if I’ve never ran it before. The keyboard configuration won’t stick either.
I’ve tried to run as administrator, but that doesnt fix anything.
I’ve tried to uncheck the read-only option under properties for the folder the application is in, but it won’t stay unchecked, for some reason.
(This also counts for my “Dolphin Emulator” folder, which is the folder that holds all of the data such as game saves and such.)
Both my Dolphin Emulator folder and my Dolphin-x64 folder are in a folder labeled Emulators, which is located in my external harddrive, if that helps at all. As far as I can tell, both folders also appear to have admin rights, and dont seem to be restricted in that area.
I’ve already uninstalled Dolphin and reinstalled it with no luck.
Is there any way to solve this issue?