Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with Bluetooth passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zatask

Hey there, I'm trying to get my 3rd party wiimotes to sync with Dolphin. I've been following the bluetooth passthrough guide on the wiki but I'm stuck with Zadig because my bluetooth device isn't showing up on the list. My laptop has an internal realtek bluetooth device but I can't for the life of me get it to show up in Zadig's dropdown list in order to install the necessary driver to go on with the guide. Help?
In that case, I don't believe you can use that Bluetooth device for Bluetooth passthrough. But you could use an external Bluetooth adapter, if you have one or are willing to buy one.

zatask

(12-09-2020, 04:05 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, I don't believe you can use that Bluetooth device for Bluetooth passthrough. But you could use an external Bluetooth adapter, if you have one or are willing to buy one.

Oh I see, thanks a lot! While we're at it, would you mind explaining what's the difference between bluetooth passthrough and emulating the wii adapter and why does it work differently with third party controllers? I spent a whole evening trying to understand how it all works before I tried to ask in the forum. Thanks again!
Basically, with Bluetooth passthrough, the emulated Wii can directly control the Bluetooth adapter instead of everything having to go through your PC's operating system. This makes things work more closely to how they work on a real console.