Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this laptop good enough to run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Acer Aspire A315-21 with Windows 8.1 (I got it to work using generic versions of the drivers Acer had listed for Windows 10), a 500GB SSD, 12GB of Ram (upgraded from 8GB), and AMD A6-9220e RADEON R4 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G 1.60 GHz.

Will this work with Dolphin? What settings do you recommend I try? Thanks in advanced for your help.
Some very lightweight 2D titles may run . That AMD A6 is entry level CPU , has a very low score on Cinebench R15 Single : 31 pts
https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A6-922...612.0.html
My outdated low power i5 4200U scores 92 pts which is 3x faster, still not fast enough for demanding games ...
You need a better laptop , Walmart $300 MOTILE 14" Laptop with AMD Ryzen CPU can do most games ok (not demanding games though) if you need sth on the cheap otherwise go for gaming laptop $600 and up
(12-07-2020, 02:12 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Some very lightweight 2D titles may run . That AMD A6 is entry level CPU , has a very low score on Cinebench R15 Single : 31 pts
https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A6-922...612.0.html
My outdated low power i5 4200U scores 92 pts which is 3x faster, still not fast enough for demanding games ...
You need a better laptop , Walmart $300 MOTILE 14" Laptop with AMD Ryzen CPU can do most games ok (not demanding games though) if you need sth on the cheap otherwise go for gaming laptop $600 and up

Oh, ok. Thanks! I even tried disabling the aero effects (to make the OS like Windows 2000 where Window content isn't shown when dragging, etc) and switching to one of the high contrast themes (8.1's version of Windows Classic theme) in the hopes of getting some performance increase, but nothing.

Willwild

I want to know can Dolphin Emulator work up to 1440p whit intel atom please be honest
(01-12-2021, 05:18 AM)Willwild Wrote: [ -> ]I want to know can Dolphin Emulator work up to 1440p whit intel atom please be honest

You'll have to be more specific, but I would probably guess no.