Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BT Passthrough issue with Orico BTA-403
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Les4elements

Hello. Smile
I'm looking for advise because I really can get it why it doesn't work. Thanks in advance for anyone who will help me. 

I wanted to play Skyward Sword on Dolphin (with a nice texture pack) so I first bought a Dolphin Bar. Unfortunately, if everything was ok with Mario Galaxy 2, the latency was to high for me to play pleasantly to Skyward Sword (I think it's because of the Wiimote Plus and the game which sends a lot of commands). 

As a result, I referred to the Bluetooth Passthrough wiki page in order to buy the appropriate BT dongle and a wired sensor bar to play using the Bluetooth Passthrough functionality. I've read it has better results.
So I bought the Orico BTA-403 [CSR8510], since everything was in green in the table.

Next, I used zadig to install the libusbK (v3.0.7.0) driver to my device.
I first tried to launch the game but I got the "Could not find any usable Bluetooth USB adapter for Bluetooth Passthrough" message.

So I tried to force the adapter to be used in the .ini file (VID = 8684 / PID = 1) but I got the same result.

I tried to:
- plug the BT adapter to another USB slot (UBS 2.0 or 3.0)
- unplug any other BT adapter
- install ofther drivers such as WinUSB
Nothing avoided me to get the same message.

Interesting fact: when I restart Dolphin, the settings in the Dolphin.ini file reset (VID = 0 / PID = 0) and I have no idea why.

I am using Dolphin 5.0-12716 and Win 10 x64.
I am ready to try anything to make it work.

Thank you for your help.

Les4elements

There is something new and encouraging. Smile
By putting the default settings in the .ini file, I don't have the "Could not find any usuable Bluetooth Passthrough" message anymore.

[BluetoothPassthrough]
Enabled = True
VID = -1
PID = -1

I guess it means the BT adapter is working for the BT Passthrough, right?

However, even by pressing to hotkey for "Scanning for Wii Remotes" and the sync red button on the wiimote, the link is not done.
I keep investigating on the problem.

Les4elements

Ok, it now works... Well, that's pretty good news. Big Grin
The latency and precision are indeed better with passthrough than the dolphin bar and it remembers the pairing with this BT adapter. The sound on the wiimote is also well played.