Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Inconsistent Playability Ratings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tekaoh

I noticed that Zelda Wind Waker has a 5 star (perfect) score on it's wiki page and on the compatibility list. But when I load Dolphin and let it find my Wind Waker ISO file, it shows a 4 star (playable) rating. I'm curious about this inconsistency. Does anyone know where the Dolphin app pulls that metadata from? Maybe it's simply displaying old data. Or maybe my ISO isn't as good as it should be?
The ratings that are shown inside Dolphin are only updated when Dolphin itself is updated, and you are using a version of Dolphin that's 4 years old. It was probably implemented this way because if a certain update to Dolphin fixed a critical bug in a game and made the game go from 1 star to 5 stars, the game should still be listed as 1 star in older versions where the bug is not fixed.

Actually, the column that shows ratings was removed from Dolphin a few years ago. But this is how it worked in the versions where the feature existed.

Tekaoh

(11-27-2020, 02:08 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The ratings that are shown inside Dolphin are only updated when Dolphin itself is updated, and you are using a version of Dolphin that's 4 years old. It was probably implemented this way because if a certain update to Dolphin fixed a critical bug in a game and made the game go from 1 star to 5 stars, the game should still be listed as 1 star in older versions where the bug is not fixed.

Actually, the column that shows ratings was removed from Dolphin a few years ago. But this is how it worked in the versions where the feature existed.

That makes sense, except I just downloaded dolphin recently. I got the latest stable version. I guess most people use beta?
(11-27-2020, 02:39 AM)Tekaoh Wrote: [ -> ]That makes sense, except I just downloaded dolphin recently. I got the latest stable version. I guess most people use beta?

Exactly.