Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward sword pointer issues on save creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dragonsnap

Hello, I'm having issues in skyward sword using dolphin. When I try to make a new save, I get stuck on the name input. My pointer seems to be limited to just the on screen keyboard, or even less than that. This way I can't click the ok button, and of course can't start the game.

To describe it in a little more detail, when I start the game up and have to click the box I can move the cursor anywhere I want on the screen, no problem. When I select a spot for my save file it switches to just selecting the boxes, and when I choose a spot I get taken to the name input as usual. There I can click on the keyboard, that's not a problem either. But my cursor seems to be boxed in and can't move outside of the keyboard area or even less (When I tried to center the pointer I couldn't access the right side of the keyboard either)

It's really weird and I haven't been able to find a solution or even someone with the same problem online, although of course I may have missed it. This is my first time using the dolphin emulator though so I may just have some settings wrong, although I can't think of anything that would limit the pointer in this weird way. This is preventing me from starting the game so it's kind of a bummer obviously.

I'm using a ps4 controller, but if I try to use my mouse instead I have the exact same problem so it shouldn't be that.
Increase the values of the Total Pitch and Total Yaw settings (in the Emulated Wii Remote setup window).

dragonsnap

(11-23-2020, 08:55 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Increase the values of the Total Pitch and Total Yaw settings (in the Emulated Wii Remote setup window).

This worked, thank you so much! I didn't know what those settings were so I hadn't changed them from the default.