Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii remote issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Whoremoan

I recently set up the latest version of Dolphin on Ubuntu (20.4) pretty effortless using the Git repository.
I am now trying to add a Wii remote and I'm getting nowhere.
I can add the Wii Remote using a bluetooth manager (Blue Man), without any issues and the Dpad on the remote acts the same as the cursor keys, but thats all that seems to work.
When I try adding the wii remote in Dolphin, i get nothing.
Using the Emulate the Wii's Bluetooth adaptor method, the remote will not even connect.
If I use the passthrough method I get an error "could not find and usable Bluetooth USB adapter" error
I've added the Udev rule using the vendor & device ID (in hex) and added the force device option in the dolphin .ini file (using binary)
My BT adapter is in the list of working devices.
The Wii remote is not a genuine remote, but a 'compatible' one. but It wasn't a cheap one and had good reviews on Amazon and seemed to work OK with the Wii (not that that probably has much relevance as far as emulators go).
I've been trying to figure this one out for hours now, so any help appreciated.
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...Wii_Remote
Connecting it with Blue Man first will not work.
How are you trying to add the remote in Dolphin?

You shouldn't need to use Bluetooth passthrough (things usually work pretty well without it in Linux) but if you're getting the "could not find usable Bluetooth" error your udev rules are not set up properly.

Whoremoan

(11-23-2020, 04:38 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...Wii_Remote
Connecting it with Blue Man first will not work.
How are you trying to add the remote in Dolphin?

You shouldn't need to use Bluetooth passthrough (things usually work pretty well without it in Linux) but if you're getting the "could not find usable Bluetooth" error your udev rules are not set up properly.

I've just been having another play about with this and I found an old Bluetooth 2.0 adapter that I've had knocking around for years.
I tried using that instead and I've had more success with this one.
The bluetooth Passthrough still doesn't work. I don't get the "could not find usable Bluetooth" error on startup anymore, but I just get a black screen in the game window and at the top of the window where it displays the game info, it flashes up that this device may not be useable for pass through.
Connecting it using the emulation method, works, however after abot a minute, the Wii remote loses connection. I either get the standar Wii message saying that it's lost connection with the remote or the remote just stops working but the game carries on running.
I also have to go into the controller setup before loading a game to reconnect the remote.

As for the original adapter, I'm confident the UDEV rule was set up OK as all I did was change the vendor and device ID when I connected the other one and I double checked those several times for the original one.