Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii remote disconnecting regularly after about 10mins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya guys,

I haven't actually played a game for more than just a quick test for a while in Dolphin, so I can't say if this issue is new or not. I've searched around a bit and of course found a bit here and there about wii remotes disconnecting, but whatever solutions I found didn't help and I haven't read about anyone having the exact same issue.
So, it's rather simple: After about 10min of gameplay, my real wii remote doesn't work anymore. However, I don't even get a disconnection notice; neither from the game, nor from Dolphin. I then have to press Alt+F5 to disconnect, and press it again to reconnect (also seems to make a save state, but whatever), then it works fine again. But only for another 10 minutes, then the same thing happens again.
I had this with Prince of Persia: The forgotten Sands, but I also tried Super Mario Galaxy, just to be sure, because I know I haven't ever had that issue with that game and now I do. (not sure if related, but there seems to be another issue, that when I point on the screen and have the cursor over a menu option or something, the option normally reacts and makes a sound - and now it reacts like crazy and makes a lot of sounds as if I was quickly holding the cursor over it, then away, then over it again, etc.)

I'm using an wii remote (non plus) with the Dolphin Bar, Mode 4. Continuous scanning enabled. Confused
Any idea?
This is happening for no one else? Hm, that's weird...
BTW, it's not necessarily after 10minutes... sometimes it's earlier.
Haw, man, this is weird. Now I've spent the last 2 hours trying to find the build that produced my issue, and for whatever reason it seems to suddenly be gone even in the most recent build. I mean, I haven't played on it for a veeery long time now, but longer than it normally took for the issue to occur. So, if the issue is really gone now, I'm guessing somehow going back to old Dolphin versions changed some setting which fixed the issue? Although at least the WiimoteNew.ini couldn't have been the culprit because I've tried deleting that one before and it didn't help.
... well, I'll see if it 'stays fixed' now, otherwise I'll be back Wink
The issue has not gone away, unfortunately. I guess it's just a bit more random than it had seemed...
Unfortunately, even after installing Windows fresh, I still get this issue. Since I seem to be the only one with this issue for whatever reason, I hope this gets fixed 'by accident' along the way or something. Like this, Wii games are pretty much unplayable for me Undecided
So, if anyone else has this issue and stumbles upon this thread: It seems that enabling speaker data for whatever reason fixes the issue.