Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No way for Dolphin to build ISOs with custom textures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DemonicDevilDiran

Sorry if I shouldn't be posting here, but I don't know where else to ask this but the 'main' discussion site itself.

Seeing as how Dolphin can load custom textures to run them through in-game, is it not at all possible that it can rebuild ISOs so that the textures are permanently embedded?

I ask mainly out of having loose textures for a WW mod that only Dolphin can use, but I want to use the mod on an actual ISO to run through Nintendon't on my Wii to get a true CRT experience.

I don't care if the images need to be downgraded, I just want to know if this is in the cards.

(Mod in question) https://gamebanana.com/skins/175198
Spoiler:
Running mods on the source console has been done many times before. For example, Project M comes to mind. Though the usual method was to use the SD card and a loader, you could bake everything into an ISO for convenience. This is how I use Project M actually, so I can use it in Dolphin easier.

So yea, if you want the mod to be on an ISO, it is very possible. But it's a lot of work. Also you'll be bound by the original hardware constraints on texture resolution, formats, file sizes, disc capacity, GPU performance, etc etc etc. It's a lot of work.

So um, I don't even know where to begin to give you direction for this. Maybe ask some former Project M people?

DemonicDevilDiran

Pretty much confirmed my worry; it's tediously possible lol

Appreciate the response anyhow