Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: tutorial or guide for newbies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to dolphin trying to the wii emulator. Is there a guide or tutorial for all the settings to get a game running? All I have seen is some faqs and a couple random stickies. I found a guide for ripping the game from my wii. I assume I did it correctly because I was able to get it to load in dolphin, however it runs extremely slow, maybe 4-8fps, especially when there is a dialog up. I get maybe a half second lag on moving the pointer or pressing a button. I've got an Athlon64 X2 4200 2.2ghz with a Geforce 7900 which seems adequate, so I'm guessing that my configuration is wrong.
Make sure that Enable Dual Core & Enable the JIT Dynarec our checked.
I think I may have figured it out. After spending an afternoon trying different settings, I decided to try it on another computer and it worked great.

The biggest difference between the two is that on the slow one, I am using dual monitor
There are posts on how to gain speed if using dual monitors. Since you're using a NVidia graphics card, you can go into the NVidia control panel, then go under Manage 3D Settings. Find an option for Multi Display, and choose Single Display Performance Mode. If you want to do that only for Dolphin, then go to the Program settings and create a profile for Dolphin.
There are lot of threads for each game in Game Discussion