Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid prime trilogy wont run smoothly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

soniiiety

I am having trouble with playing this game, i usually runs at 60 fps, but then goes below 40 fps, I have tried changing the settings but it still lags!. please help!

if you are able to give me something new. if you need more information i can give thanks!
Do you compile shader before start and async ubershader on. That will stop or help shader generation stuttering. Is everything else but maybe internal resolution and aa at default. If the ir and aa been changed what are they at.

soniiiety

(10-24-2020, 12:34 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you compile shader before start and async ubershader on. That will stop or help shader generation stuttering. Is everything else but maybe internal resolution and aa at default. If the ir and aa been changed what are they at.

no I don't compile before start, and what???? 
Use asynchronous ubershaders. Nvidia still needs Direct3D (11 or 12) for minimal stutters with that mode AFAIK. I use 11 for prime.

If you still have stutters try lowering AA then lowering internal resolution. I had to do that to get effects like the water splash to not lag.
I have the same issue, game runs 90 % at full speed, but I get crazy lag spikes when fps drops to 30-40. I use Async Ubershaders and compile before startup.
I know Nvidias drivers had some issues before that required you to use D3D instead of OpenGL and Vulkan but I thought that was solved, but I guess not?
Doesn't matter which settings I change, but I'll give D3D a go again.

These games seem to do something most other games doesn't that causes these spikes.

Hardware is a Ryzen 5 3600 and a Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4.

These
(10-27-2020, 06:18 AM)e2zippo Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue, game runs 90 % at full speed, but I get crazy lag spikes when fps drops to 30-40. I use Async Ubershaders and compile before startup.
I know Nvidias drivers had some issues before that required you to use D3D instead of OpenGL and Vulkan but I thought that was solved, but I guess not?
Doesn't matter which settings I change, but I'll give D3D a go again.

These games seem to do something most other games doesn't that causes these spikes.

Hardware is a Ryzen 5 3600 and a Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4.

These

What is your resolution and anti-aliasing settings? The water splash lags my 1060 if I use any anti-aliasing with 3x internal.
Also, if you haven't updated recently, there should be less JIT stutters.
(10-27-2020, 01:23 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]What is your resolution and anti-aliasing settings? The water splash lags my 1060 if I use any anti-aliasing with 3x internal.
Also, if you haven't updated recently, there should be less JIT stutters.

1080p and 4x MSAA. I can use 1440p and 4x SSAA as well, still full speed, but the problems are the lag spikes.
I'm almost always on the latest nightly Smile
(10-29-2020, 04:42 AM)e2zippo Wrote: [ -> ]1080p and 4x MSAA. I can use 1440p and 4x SSAA as well, still full speed, but the problems are the lag spikes.
I'm almost always on the latest nightly Smile

Any indication of something happening during those spikes? 
(10-29-2020, 05:45 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Any indication of something happening during those spikes? 

Not really, seems pretty random. I'll try and record a video of it.

Edit: here's a video.

Seems that the charge beam causes the FPS to drop as well.
I've tried with D3D11 and OpenGL as well, doesn't seem to improve anything.

https://youtu.be/dKuymwak2do
(10-29-2020, 06:08 AM)e2zippo Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, seems pretty random. I'll try and record a video of it.

Edit: here's a video.

Seems that the charge beam causes the FPS to drop as well.
I've tried with D3D11 and OpenGL as well, doesn't seem to improve anything.

https://youtu.be/dKuymwak2do

As a test, try d3d11 with 1x no AA. If that still stutters try sync ubershaders.
Pages: 1 2