Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xbox One Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mcmjlm

Hello all,
I recently put my Xbox One S into dev mode, put retroarch on my system and tried to run some GC/Wii games, but all of them are skipping, lagging, stuttering, or crashing completely.

Examples:
New Super Mario Bros for Wii u - stutters/lags pretty badly
Mario Party 9 - same
Super Mario Sunshine - crashes completely without loading.

I have read guides to optimally run Dolphin and run these games, but all the guides are geared towards a PC standpoint, and not an xbox one s. Such as, the first thing that is recommended is to enable dual core and I can't find that setting.

Can anybody help me with how to configure the settings so that these Wii and gamecube games run like they're supposed to?
Thank you so much!!
Retroarch for UWP alone is highly WIP, so don't expect the Dolphin core to be playable. It's really just a proof-of-concept. Here's a compatibility list for all of the available cores.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

And considering that dev mode only allows half the use of the available resources, getting it on retail mode offers more (you have to be privately invited to the store page for this, though).
There going to be a serious limit for the Xbox one series or ps4 series for that matter. Both use and fx design apu at really low clocks (around 1.8 if i remember) so the slow is likely due to that. I doubt dual core would help much either. That said Xbox one version is a fork of dolphin so you better off asking at where you found it.

Mcmjlm

(10-20-2020, 05:45 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]There going to be a serious limit for the Xbox one series or ps4 series for that matter. Both use and fx design apu at really low clocks (around 1.8 if i remember) so the slow is likely due to that. I doubt dual core would help much either. That said Xbox one version is a fork of dolphin so you better off asking at where you found it.

How is that the case when the Wii, MUCH smaller hardware, ran the same games just fine?
(10-22-2020, 02:39 AM)Mcmjlm Wrote: [ -> ]How is that the case when the Wii, MUCH smaller hardware, ran the same games just fine?

Because the Wii didn't have to use emulation to run Wii games. If you were able to install Dolphin on a Wii, I assure you that it would run terribly, even if it had a JIT and graphics backend coded specifically for it.

Mcmjlm

(10-22-2020, 02:51 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Because the Wii didn't have to use emulation to run Wii games. If you were able to install Dolphin on a Wii, I assure you that it would run terribly, even if it had a JIT and graphics backend coded specifically for it.

Oh I see. So as monstrous of hardware that the Xbox one S has, there's no way to make it run smoother? If not with dolphin, is there any other emulators I can use to run Wii/GC roms?
Dolphin the only GameCube/wii emulator that ever manged to get to the point of play games that I know of. Even if there was your likely still run into the same problems in performance.