Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube audio (.str)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

hopefully, I can ask this here, but it has been some time I'm trying to find a way how to open/edit/save the Gamecube audio files. Specifically, this [Link Removed].

.str file that should contain the in-game sounds. I tried asking for help on some other forums as well, but no luck Smile

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, I had to remove the link you posted. We want to be very careful of linking to copyrighted material. That includes not only the games (e.g. ROMs, ISOs, whatever kids call'em these days) but any files included on the game discs. I would suggest you instead include the full path to the file on the disc (and maybe show a screenshot of it in Dolphin's Filesystem tab) as well as the title of the game. If it's not a commercial game under copyright (open-source homebrew, for example), this is an error on my part. Feel free to edit your original post with the link again in that case.

I will say that on the GC at least, you'll probably find a lot of proprietary sound formats. Reverse-engineering it would probably be possible with the right know-how. The only STR files I know of seem to be sound files generally associated with PS1 or PS2 games. Something about it being interleaved XA. Can't say for sure if this is relevant at all to whatever GC game you're looking at though.