Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't figure out dolphin with Slippi on Mac OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

echochee

I have just recently got dolphin with Slippi on Mac OS and cant figure out how to connect my third part gamecube adapter to my laptop and configure the controls on dolphin. According to some post in 2017 im supposed to use some .kext stuff to allow the controller adapter to be read by my computer but Mac seems to be passing out kext and I cant figure out how to even use kext on my laptop. im specifically trying to play super smash bros melee. any help would be appreciated
We can only help you with official Dolphin here, not Slippi. Is official Dolphin giving you the same problem?
If you're running anything newer than High Sierra (El Capitan, really), you're out of luck. Apple has severely tightened up security, and custom kext loading has become pretty much impossible. With SIP becoming more restrictive and kexts themselves being phased out, developers haven't bothered keeping things updated to conform with Apple's restrictions. Forcing the loading of them on systems above High Sierra, and even on High Sierra itself, has lead to major system instability for those who have gone through with it. You're better off using a different controller, or if you just have to have it, a different OS.