Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Increasing internal resolution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, firstly, I wanna congratulate on making sucha a amazing emulator.
But now lets get straight to the bussines. I noticed that I may set my internal resolution at 1440x900 (my LCD native resolution). Is it possible to keep normal resolution at 1440x900, but incrase internal x2? I mean something like in PCSX2, where I can choose 1440x900 as my normal resolution, and 2880x1800 as my internal. It REALLY makes some games look way better. Sorry for my terrible English Blush
Please do not kill me.
nop, pcsx2 uses the internal resolution as a form of antialiasing (sometimes used in pc games), thats not needed in dolphin since it can support antialias.
except for d3d, hopefully it gets implemented soon.
Hmm, but lets look at Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX 3. It looks like the game is a little blurry, and higher internal res would make this game look way better. But Bleach Versus Crusade looks perfect, and any higher internal res is needed. Well, thanks for help anyway ^_^
you might be right about that but i don't think its an essential feature for now.

most of the time the games look blurry because of post process filters or fog that might look good on a tv screen playing on the wii 7 feet away but not necessarily on the pc screen 5 inches from your eyes, that's why projection hacks exist Smile
In OpenGL plugin, uncheck "native", and it'll use the selected resolution of the drop down box.

spacy51

Wow, and I thought "why didn't they use radio buttons instead of check boxes".

Now I know why ^^

I took some screenshots of SSBB in 1080p with Full-AA and AF:

http://spacy51.sp.funpic.de/Super%20Smas....%20Brawl/
lol, yes we are very aware of of dolphin looks Smile, enjoy. plug it into your 60 inch plasma.
(12-29-2009, 03:11 AM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]In OpenGL plugin, uncheck "native", and it'll use the selected resolution of the drop down box.
Sorry, but that's not the problem Tongue
What I meant in my previous posts was the thing, that I cant choose normal resolution separately from internal resolution.
For most of the games my native monitor resolution is enough, but for some not, and I cant chose in that box resolution higher than my internal.
that's exactly what i thought you said, maybe omegadox hasn't use pcsx2 Tongue where you can have an 800x800 window but your internal resolution would still be 2048x2048 etc...
but yes as i said, its not possible.