Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom textures stop working after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

consumed

I have been playing MGS Twin Snakes with no issues using this texture pack: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-me...re-project. This is on the latest stable v5 release.

Today I upgraded to the latest Beta release (5.0-12716) and everything is working great, except the custom textures no longer load. I've also tried the latest dev release (5.0-12749) and I am having the same issue. I confirmed that the 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 is installed. I've tried OpenGL, Direct3D, Vulkan. I've confirmed that my internal resolution is set to 3x (1080p), same as it was on v5. Tried every setting for Texture Cache, confirmed that custom textures are still enabled, and confirmed that my custom textures are named properly and in the correct location. When I load the game, I get a "custom textures loaded, 0.0 MB in 0 seconds" message in the top left corner of my screen.

If I switch back to 5.0, everything works fine.

This is on an i7-9750H, 64GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 Max-Q.

Any help here is appreciated.
I'm assuming the texture pack is using the old texture naming format. If that's the case, it isn't possible to load it in newer versions of Dolphin. You can use 5.0 to convert it to the new texture naming format, but you have to reach a point in the game where the texture is used in order for a given texture to be converted. So basically, you need to play through the entire game in order to convert the texture pack.

consumed

(10-19-2020, 12:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming the texture pack is using the old texture naming format. If that's the case, it isn't possible to load it in newer versions of Dolphin. You can use 5.0 to convert it to the new texture naming format, but you have to reach a point in the game where the texture is used in order for a given texture to be converted. So basically, you need to play through the entire game in order to convert the texture pack.

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats a bummer, but good to know I'm not crazy.