Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GolDGodo

I'm thinking of buying a new computer where I could run dolphin. At the moment I'm not sure if I will acquire a laptop or a desktop computer. In the case that I buy a desktop computer, which CPU do you recommendate me? And if I choose a laptop, which one would you buy? (I'm from Spain)
What is your budget? What are you going to be doing on the computer?

GolDGodo

I don't have any stipulated budget yet. But I wouldn't like to spend more than 1100-1200€. And I'll need it to study and play videogames, mainly GC ones (like FE Path of Radiance, Baten Kaitos or F-Zero GX) and some others like Minecraft or GTA.
I would definitely go for laptop. PC has better components for same price, but You do not need much for minecraft or gta. The mobility you get with laptop is worth the price imho.

If You are correct with the Euro price, here is only an example of laptop, that kick out many modern games https://www.amazon.de/DELL-1132F-i5-9300...031&sr=8-3
I would look additionally for better screen (colour coverage), unfortunately cant see there type of screen. That is just an egzample of laptop.

AndrewAvtushenko

I think it may depends, since with your budget you could choose good enough either laptop or desktop. But personally, i could like to choose desktop, the reason is simple:

First of all, with the same budget, we could get better components with desktop than laptop.

Second, we could be more flexible on components choosing (it takes time to replace components for laptop)