Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What would be the best settings to play Sonic Colors on Dolphin with these Laptop har
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MidnightInk24

Hello there. I'm new on the site and I haven't found introduction subforum, so, first of all, nice to meet you all.

Second of all, Sonic Colors is on my bucket list for a long time and even though I own a Wii, my reactions on the keyboard, than on the Wiimote, so I've decided to play It on Dolphin. I remember once putting on the FPS settings on the emulator and it was around 33, which isn’t much, especially not for a high-speed action game. Sadly, I can't afford a new computer, because I don't have enough space for It, nor I earn enough to afford a full set, plus I don't really want to replace my current laptop, since It's beautiful and does It's job perfectly, so I would like to get the most out of what I have. Also, I don’t know if this affects anything, but I have Windows 7, instead of 10 because I loathe the „tile design”. A friend of mine told me that Win10 is far worse for gaming, than Win7 anyway, since It priorizes tablet/app look and functions, over anything that would benefit computer users, because that’s what makes them money.
Anyway, here are my laptop hardwares, in case It won’t show up in my thread.
Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3 Ghz with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M with 2 GB Dedicated VRAM
8 GB DDR4 Memory
128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

I also post my current Dolphin settings:

[Image: 7qznfIe.png]

[Image: u8uQY03.png]

[Image: M6BRvFp.jpg]

[Image: qIu1CSp.jpg]

[Image: MBS1bv2.jpg]

[Image: W6OiU1d.jpg]

[Image: 00cmhDn.jpg]

[Image: jnLrahL.jpg]

[Image: 9wi2JQ8.jpg]

[Image: p15ceIr.jpg]

[Image: 4zcktuv.jpg]

Thank you for the help. Smile
This game runs at 30 FPS, is that not what you are getting?

MidnightInk24

(10-18-2020, 12:02 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]This game runs at 30 FPS, is that not what you are getting?

It is? What I meant to say is that the gameplay is like It's on slow motion. I thought It's because of of the low FPS number, since I often hear in let's plays and gameplay videos that the low FPS number might causes slow and laggy gameplay.
There should be a percentage or VPS displayed, what do those show?

MidnightInk24

(10-18-2020, 01:49 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]There should be a percentage or VPS displayed, what do those show?
I've tried It, and It says 60-100%. Also now the gameplay is as fast as It's should be. I've experimented with 1080p resolution and It still doesn't lag. I don't understand what was It's problem yesterday, but now It seems like It works. Thank you very much for the help. Smile
Where you on battery or was you battery charging when you play yesterday. I notice when my laptop with the i5 8265u is charging it performance seem to be worst.

MidnightInk24

(10-18-2020, 04:16 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Where you on battery or was you battery charging when you play yesterday. I notice when my laptop with the i5 8265u is charging it performance seem to be worst.

My charger is always plugged in, so I don't think that was the problem, but thank you for the suggestion.