Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Computer crashes when in fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

marcsauce

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on the forum!

Let's start with saying that I've been using Dolphin since the official 5.0 release and I've never had this issue before.

Back in December, I've built my first gaming PC. I was eager to play some of my favorite games on PC since all the computers I've used before were pretty weak compared to this one.

My issue:
All the games I tested play perfectly for hours on this computer when in windowed mode. But as soon as I switch to fullscreen, I have about 4-5 minutes of gameplay before my entire computer crashes with a green screen. No BSOD, nothing in the Dolphin log. My monitors just turn green for about 5 seconds, a buzzing sound is heard, and my computer is stuck to the point that I have to shut it down myself. I've heard that this issue is called "video corruption" and it has something to do with my GPU/GPU drivers (which are up to date, I've checked). The thing is, I don't encounter this issue anywhere else. I've disabled all overlays (i.e. Xbox, Discord, etc...) that can cause performance-related issues because some of them does when using more demanding emulators/games. Is something wrong with my config? All I want is to play games fullscreen on my TV.

I've searched and didn't find anyone else with this issue before. Is is the case?

Thank you!
Does this happen on all graphics backends (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan) or just specific ones?
If you uninstall your GPU driver with the DDU tool (Google it) and reinstall, does it help?