Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime 3 (Trilogy) scan issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Periko

I'm playing Metroid Prime Trilogy on PrimeHack (up to date) and I just started Metroid Prime 3. I have been experiencing difficulty when scanning objects; it seems some objects have a very small scanning hitbox, so placing the cursor in the exact spot is challenging. I could handle it up until reaching the first planet, Bryyo. Lots of objects seem to have a ridiculousy small hitbox, which makes it really difficult to scan moving small enemies, such as bats and even puffers (which ain't that small). I have wasted quite some time trying to scan them, and its happening with other items, too. There's this room early on with three shriekbats (or whatever they are called now) which I can't scan at all, since they have bigger scannable targets behind and the scanner defaults to those.

So, is this something I can somehow fix? I've seen no info on this issue, so I'm assuming it's just me. Needless to say, I did not experience this issue on any of the previous games, which worked flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.
Try turning off any graphics enhancements you are using, in particular MSAA.

Periko

I tested lots of graphical options and none seemed to change the situation at all. Eventually I found out it somehow had to do with my key mapping. Particularly, I had mouse movement (Axis Y) mapped to the Nunchuk tilt and swing motions. Once I remapped that, scanning seems to be back to normal (those shriekbats can still be a pain, but it is possible now, at least).
I don't know why the Nunchuk moving would cause interference with the WiiMote scanning but, well, problem solved.
Thanks for your answer.