Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: In-game saves no longer registering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, I am no longer getting the "Wrote to memory card" popup while doing a proper in-game save, and my data is not actually saved. This is currently occurring in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom, and I haven't tried it with any other games yet.

I accept that this might be related to using savestates in addition to normal saves, but this issue persists even when closing Dolphin entirely and loading the game from the last proper save.
If you corrupted the save using savestates, it won't allow you to save on it even if you got it to load, I think.
(10-13-2020, 04:48 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]If you corrupted the save using savestates, it won't allow you to save on it even if you got it to load, I think.

I'm not aware of any case where corruption caused by savestates persists after reloading the game without loading a savestate.
Restarting my computer partially solved the issue. It's taking much longer for the popup to appear (on the scale of two or three minutes), but it is at least saving now.
Do you have any anti-virus software running that might be interfering?
I have Avast, but it's been on the whole time and I've never had a problem with it and Dolphin. I haven't changed any of its settings or schedules before or after this problem arose.
Are you running any other background programs? What happens if you run Dolphin as an admin?