Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Geckocodes has shut down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know where else to put this, and I hope this doesn't break the rules, but I think the devs and users should know. In case anyone is having trouble downloading codes, Geckocodes(dot)org shut down this month. The message on the website is as follows:

Quote:GeckoCodes.org
August 2009 - October 2020

When I launched GeckoCodes.org it was my hope to put control of your work into your own hands. Up until then, game hacking sites were managed by volunteer admins and moderators and a game hacker had to go through them to add/remove/or update their work.
I believe GeckoCodes was successful in handing that power over to the hackers.

Through the many years since then though, GeckoCodes has fallen out of service and missed out on critical PHP and MySQL updates while the community on GameHacking.org grew and the features that made GeckoCodes important were adopted in their much larger all-consoles database. New hackers almost never got added in the last few years of GeckoCodes.org while GameHacking.org has kept their doors open to all.

To keep the promise of letting you manage your own work, and to unite the community under one (much larger) roof, your work will be merged into the GameHacking.org database with credit maintained. Once that processes is complete, you can sign up and continue to manage your work as you wish. It's still your work, and it's still in your control. It's just part of a bigger family now. <3

Thanks for the fun memories,
// James0x57

While this is pretty sad, and while there is an alt link to go to, the devs need to take this into consideration so the forums aren't flooded with people complaining about being unable to download codes.
This is already fixed as of Dolphin 5.0-12726. We switched to the mirror provided by the RiiConnect24 team on that version, restoring the downloading functionality...

elliearcher

Thank you. Now I understand more.