Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Motionplus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sickokiddo

Hi yall! I have dolphin 5.0 and used to have some kind of new version from it so i could play games that required motionplus. However, now it does not work anymore (the games just will not launch with the emulator) and i reinstalled it and tried again, without success. The games will launch with dolphin 5.0 but not with my motionplus supported version. I really dont know what to do Sad
What is the exact version number of the newer version that you're trying to use? Does Dolphin show an error message or anything similar when you try to launch a game?

sickokiddo

(10-03-2020, 06:38 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What is the exact version number of the newer version that you're trying to use? Does Dolphin show an error message or anything similar when you try to launch a game?

I tried it with various versions, but the latest one i have isĀ 5.0-12247-x64. It does not show any messages, screen goes black for few seconds and then dolphin crashes/shuts down
Does this happen if you create a portable.txt file in the same directory as dolphin.exe? This will use a different config/save directory. If this fixes it, try removing portable.txt and deleting documents/Dolphin Emulator/config and cache.

sickokiddo

(10-06-2020, 06:54 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen if you create a portable.txt file in the same directory as dolphin.exe? This will use a different config/save directory. If this fixes it, try removing portable.txt and deleting documents/Dolphin Emulator/config and cache.

Nah, nothing helps. I think the emulator stopped working when i tried to update it but it failed every time i tried it. However, i just got it up to date, but it still does not work. Only 5.0 works right now
Try updating drivers and switching graphics backend?

sickokiddo

(10-07-2020, 12:39 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Try updating drivers and switching graphics backend?

oooh, i switched the backend and it helped. Thank you so much!