Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: V-Sync bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

brand175

V-Sync stays enabled (Even when disabled) and causes any game to micro stutter in Render to Main Window, normal window and fullscreen

To reproduce bug, Enable Render to Main Window in config, boot a game and go fullscreen
(Without the Use Fullscreen setting in config, use dolphin's fullscreen button).
Use the Tab key (Emulation Speed Hotkey) The screen should flash a black screen and then the game screen tears which is normal
(This doesn't cause any frame skipping or micro stuttering, runs as intended).

Now close the game with ESC and boot into another game, Use the Tab button to speed up the game,
now go into fullscreen, now click Tab again.

Results: Screen no longer tears, flashes a black screen even when V-Sync is disabled and now micro stutters constantly and starts to
skips frames every 10 seconds

(You may have to repeat the steps again if it doesn't work, you may have to use Alt+Enter to fullscreen and then click ESC).

Closing dolphin fixes this until you decide to boot another game.

I always use DDU to clean my graphics every update

My Specs

Dolphin 5.0-12685
Processor (Intel Core i9-9900K)
Motherboard (ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-IB)
Graphics Card (GeForce RTX™ 2080 TURBO OC 8G)
Ram (Aspacer DDR4-2666 16GB)
You may want to make sure V-Sync is not being forced elsewere (e.g. the GPU driver).

achinggasp

My bug is very similar, but not exactly the same. Running the games is enough to reproduce the issue. No 60-fps game runs at 60 fps; they run at a locked 30, including those patched for 60. I don't know which update caused this, but I guess it's a two-week old issue. Disabling v-sync in dolphin fixes it and actually limits the framerate to what it should be, but introduces screen tearing. Speeding up the game any percent tricks dolphin into realizing the game was meant to run at 60 fps in the first place, and instead calculates the speedup based on the 60 fps. 30 FPS games appear to not have this issue. I have VSYNC set to application controlled in Nvidia Control panel. I'm on build 5.0-12685, but it didn't start with this build.

Edit:Nope! Completely wrong. The last game-ready driver update just altered resolution settings. If you get my issue, make sure your Hz under control panel are set to 60. I'm an idiot I guess.

brand175

(09-26-2020, 03:01 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You may want to make sure V-Sync is not being forced elsewere (e.g. the GPU driver).

V-Sync isn't enabled in Nvidia Control panel or other software

brand175

Apparently setting the refresh rate to 59hz in the Nvidia control panel stops the occasional stuttering in windowed mode. But using the fast forwarding feature causes it to stutter 24/7 until you press the button again (Hit and miss). V-sync is still borked in fullscreen mode