Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Special character in Windows folder won't let me load games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AgoustBolchz

Hi everyone, I hope you're all having a wonderful day  Smile

I made the mistake of naming my Windows user with an accent. Is there any way in which I can play Dolphin without receiving this message?

[attachment=19160]

I don't want to create a new username or move the games to a different folder. I'm asking if there's a configuration that would solve this.

Using the latest Beta version of Dolphin, running on AMD Ryzen 5 2600X and NVidia GTX 1060 6GB with 16 GB of RAM.

Thank you in advance.
That's weird... I tried opening a game whose path contains both Japanese characters and an é, and it worked fine. In what way are you opening the game? If you're using LaunchBox like the path to your game suggests, I suppose it has something to do with Dolphin's command-line interface (or LaunchBox itself).
Okay, I think I've found the problem in Dolphin's command-line argument parsing code. Hopefully I'll be able to get the fix in soon.

AgoustBolchz

(09-21-2020, 07:23 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I think I've found the problem in Dolphin's command-line argument parsing code. Hopefully I'll be able to get the fix in soon.

You're the best! Smile  Such an honour lol.

Indeed, I'm launching from Launchbox. If you need any testing to replicate and send you data feel free to ask, I'll be happy to help.

A similar problem on this subject: I want to launch from System menu. I've tried, as you once recommended in a forum, using: "-n" for system menu and "[color=#000000]--config=Dolphin.Core.DefaultISO[/color][color=#000000]=<Value>[/color]" for the DefaultISO. However, I'm having the same issue as it can be seen in Configuration -> Paths afterwards:
[attachment=19161]

Also, the "-n" results in "Invalid title ID". I don't know if its the same issue, since I can load the System Menu from Tools.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance.
Just to make sure: What you need to type to load the Wii Menu is not "-n", but "-n 0000000100000002".

And yes, the problem with setting the default ISO using command-line parameters is the same problem as specifying a path using -e.

AgoustBolchz

(09-22-2020, 07:54 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make sure: What you need to type to load the Wii Menu is not "-n", but "-n 0000000100000002".

And yes, the problem with setting the default ISO using command-line parameters is the same problem as specifying a path using -e.

That did the trick! Thank you so much  Smile

Will be waiting for the DefaultISO command line fix then. You're the best!

Have a wonderful week.

AgoustBolchz

Hi JosJuice, how are you doing?

I just saw your latest development build with the description about handling non ASCII characters so I decided to check it out and the problem was solved!

Thanks a lot Smile

Have a wonderful day!

Agoust.