Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Questions..... controller and GC/wii performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Judas

First off, excellent to see dolphin moving along as it is... congradulations!

2nd, the current download link is 100% unreliable, preventing anyone i've talked to about this emulator from even being able to try it, I ended up grabing it from another site in which i cannot mention due to various reasons.

3rd, Considering the requirements listed, is it at all normal to see an average of 3-7fps reguardless of resolution selected let alone graphic quality, ironically increasing the quality levels actually give me a performance increase.

It's no shocking system i'm running mind you, e5200, 4gb ram, vista x64, HD3870, Realtek ALC1200.

So far i've only 2 games atm, Metroid Prime 1 (for a GC test) and Metroid Prime 3.

MP3 seems to out perform the first game which just strikes me as odd.

Not sure what i'm doing, obviously some readme's in each build with suggested settings would be great, mind you the default ones perform the worse for me reguardless.

4th:

When i get to a playable point in Metroid Prime, using a xbox360 controller, after a few buttons are pushed, i get a error message about RL compiler. I'll try and screenshot it.. but it's so tedious waiting 5 minutes for the intro to complete it's swing around view.

Saving state is a no no as it emediately crashes dolphin.

FSAA doesn't work at all for me in either game, either via the dolphin options OR by forcing it via CCC OR both. But running 1920x1080 is pretty slick looking.