Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I game on this in 1080p 90 fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys
I would like to know if I can play at 1080p 90 fps(for speeding up any cutscens) with the pc I am going to mention

I have been collecting money from May so that I can upgrade my bad pc
So these are the parts that I am planning to buy in this upcoming holiday season

I have an 500-600 $ budget
(I live in India and 500$ ain't cheap)

Specs:=

i3 9100f
GTX 1650 4 GB OC
8 GB ram 2400 mhz
500w psu
Asrock b365-m HDV
Segate 1 tb barracuda

These components I founded out were the '''''best value/performance for money""""" even if they cannot play high end stuff

And I am going to use my old case and old 1080p TV for Emulation
Thanks in advance

I would also like to know if my old bad pc was okay for 480p. that I played until these years was a good pc that Dev's will think ok for okay experience

Bad pc specs(its 7 years old):=

Pentium G2020 @ 2.9 Ghz
2 GB DDR3 1066mhz
Intel HD graphics family @1.05 GHz
192 MB of allocated vram
450 w psu
480p/720p display???
An Zebronics h61 chipset MBR
It had win8 but then I then downgraded it to win7 because of reasons like it was bloated with shitty apps and that I had a low end pc

Even though it is really old it served a lot and is still okay for 2007 gaming :l
Thanks in advance
The new computer should be fine for Dolphin. The CPU has a high clock speed and the GPU can push Dolphin to 4K. There's probably only a small handful of games that wouldn't run at fullspeed, and that's because they're hard to run on any system.

As for your old computer, it's an Ivy-Bridge 3rd gen CPU with integrated graphics (either the HD 2500 or the HD 4000). Depending on which integrated GPU it actually is, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. The CPU clockspeed isn't bad, but it's only 2 cores so it's not great. You'll probably be able to play some light-weight games, but don't expect too much
(09-21-2020, 02:04 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The new computer should be fine for Dolphin. The CPU has a high clock speed and the GPU can push Dolphin to 4K. There's probably only a small handful of games that wouldn't run at fullspeed, and that's because they're hard to run on any system.

As for your old computer, it's an Ivy-Bridge 3rd gen CPU with integrated graphics (either the HD 2500 or the HD 4000). Depending on which integrated GPU it actually is, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. The CPU clockspeed isn't bad, but it's only 2 cores so it's not great. You'll probably be able to play some light-weight games, but don't expect too much
Yes it has a Intel HD family graphics for 3Rd gen Intel processors
It did run Zelda wind waker and at 57-62 fps wii wii sports at 22-30 fps
By luck it can sometimes upscale to 720p
But most emulators cannot utilise more than 4 cores probably,right??
Thanks for answering to the question

Aft_Mont

Mb You should change 1650 for 1060 6gb?
Try to find smth after mining for 150$
(09-19-2020, 11:28 PM)Anton007 Wrote: [ -> ](I live in India and 500$ ain't cheap)
That not a bad idea but he live in a different country which the 1060 6gb might not be as cheap as a 150$ or the extra might be impossible. I mention the amd 570\580 though also as there decent option also that go used for around 100 dollars if a remember right. That said if dolphin is most of all he want to do he be fine for 1080 aysnc ubershader with the 1650. My friend had a gtx 1650 and was even able to play ps3 game(I don't remember the emulator name off hand) according to him reasonably.