Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I'm Having Issues With Wii Games Not Booting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ThoricAlaris

Hi, I'm new to Dolphin. I've read through the FAQs, I've checked the game compatibility lists, and I've watched several YouTube tutorials. As far as I can tell, I'm following everything properly.

When I launch GameCube games, it runs with no problem. When I launch Wii games, it just gives a black screen as if loading, but none of the yellow file text at the top appears, and it just sits like that until I use Task Manager to force close it (it won't even let me just exit out).

Now maybe my files are formatted incorrectly, maybe I have accidentally done some kind of incorrect setting, or maybe even my computer isn't good enough to run it. But I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Can I get some help?

Thanks!
Verify your game. (In dolphin, right click, properties, verify)

imjustmathias

(09-19-2020, 03:34 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Verify your game. (In dolphin, right click, properties, verify)

yes but where do i right click im also new to dolphin
Right-clicking on the game in your gamelist, if you have Dolphin set up to scan your games directory. If this isn't the case, there should be instructions in the middle of the Dolphin main window to double-click and add a folder to scan. Then, right click the game after it shows up on your list, click Properties, go over to the Verify tab, and click Verify Integrity.