Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bionicle Heroes (GameCube) crashes in the middle of a level
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, so I've been trying to play Bionicle Heroes for the Gamecube, but it's rather... unstable. How do I put this? The game sometimes works, seemingly flawlessly, and other times, doesn't. One time, I was able to get as far through the game as the Rahkshi boss of the first level, and then the emulator froze. Other times, it just froze on level load, or when you walk near a wall, or when you fire your weapon, use your toa abliity, etc. All of these situations require a force quit for the application. This time, I decided to be smart and write all warnings to the log file. I have attached it below. The problem? I have no idea how to read it, except this small passage at the very bottom...

Code:
45:12:247 Common/MsgHandler.cpp:115 E[MASTER]: Question: GFX FIFO: Unknown Opcode (0x42 @ 0x10d7fbb50, preprocess=false).
This means one of the following:
* The emulated GPU got desynced, disabling dual core can help
* Command stream corrupted by some spurious memory bug
* This really is an unknown opcode (unlikely)
* Some other sort of bug

Further errors will be sent to the Video Backend log and
Dolphin will now likely crash or hang. Enjoy.

Can anyone please tell me what's going on, and how to fix this please? Thanks
Have you tried disabling Dual Core as suggested?
Yes, I have, along with several other hacks I had on at the time, but they didn't seem to change anything. Recently, I tried using the interpreter CPU core, and it didn't crash until I tried to use Hewkii's toa power. Same goes for Cached Interpreter.
Hello, can anyone help me out on this?
Have you verified you have a good game dump?
Yes, I have. Dolphin reports it as a good dump. I would also like to note that it has been compressed from ISO to RVZ, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I can stick with the ISO for further testing if needed as the file is still available to me
This bug seems to have been fixed by enabling GPU Thread Synchronisation. Hope this helps other users out. Thanks!