Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crashing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I am trying to get mario kart, windwaker and Thousand year door to run, they just crash, I can play for a bit with mario sunshine, but every crash gives me this blue screen and as soon as the screen came it leave and my system reboots,

Specs
2.4 c2d Intel core
2gb of ram
144MB of vram intel graphics chip set
Win xp sp3 pro (English) I had a french install a while back,

I'm using a black mac book also this is not a virtual macheen this is a real thing (boot camp) so yea also this is a laptop so I can not put a new graphics card in
"144MB of vram intel graphics chip set" there's your problem...
(12-26-2009, 07:13 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]"144MB of vram intel graphics chip set" there's your problem...

ok that sucks, would there be a way i can allocate some of my ram to it? it is integrated. btw this is a mac
(12-26-2009, 07:09 PM)mycatisbigfoot Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I am trying to get mario kart, windwaker and Thousand year door to run, they just crash, I can play for a bit with mario sunshine, but every crash gives me this blue screen and as soon as the screen came it leave and my system reboots,

Specs
2.4 c2d Intel core
2gb of ram

I'm using a black mac book also this is not a virtual macheen this is a real thing (boot camp) so yea also this is a laptop so I can not put a new graphics card in

I had similar crashing problem and this worked for me.
try newest revision and run this program as an administrator
but yes it could be your 144mb vram.
forgot to say, I am not MAC user so I don't know is there run as an administrator button thing.
(12-27-2009, 06:20 AM)Tomzie Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2009, 07:09 PM)mycatisbigfoot Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Specs
2.4 c2d Intel core
2gb of ram

I had similar crashing problem and this worked for me.
try newest revision and run this program as an administrator
but yes it could be your 144mb vram.
forgot to say, I am not MAC user so I don't know is there run as an administrator button thing.

I'm running in windows on a mac, so I think it would be the same, I have the latest verson and I do not have this openGl card so i use directX thing in the graphics setting so yea I'll try running as admin i'll also try geting a picture of this blue screen

EDIT
Running in admin mode still crashed I trye changing settings but none of them worked, and that blue screen is even faster this time. so I do not know what wrong with it.. I'm trying to rule out it my computer and just user error, I am going to update the windows so it a bit newer as its just a clean installed. so yea later
(12-27-2009, 06:04 AM)mycatisbigfoot Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2009, 07:13 PM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]"144MB of vram intel graphics chip set" there's your problem...

ok that sucks, would there be a way i can allocate some of my ram to it? it is integrated. btw this is a mac
The problem is not the amount of ram , It's the card itself . You shouldn't be able to use it ( unless you are in D3D )
(12-27-2009, 07:08 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2009, 06:04 AM)mycatisbigfoot Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is not the amount of ram , It's the card itself . You shouldn't be able to use it ( unless you are in D3D )

Just asking what is d3d? I see its the card but I know you might beable to change it if its intergrated, am I wrong?
I mean the Direct3D9 plugin , select it in plugin tab in general config and see what happens
(12-27-2009, 07:26 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean the Direct3D9 plugin , select it in plugin tab in general config and see what happens

That is the one I am using the open gl one would just crash the app, the same goes for the defualut pj64 one but I got that to work

Light_Flashstep

well yes 144mb ram is way 2 lil but ill tell u the prob
MAC Big Grin
Pages: 1 2