Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Smash Bros Brawl: White Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there!

I've been unable to load my copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in Dolphin. No matter what I try to do, this is what happens:

1. The Wii "don't hit yourself with the wiimote" warning shows up.
2. "Loading" with the SSBB logo on a black screen shows up (briefly).
(2.5). If I haven't made a save yet, SSBB asks me if I'd like to.
3. The screen flashes and becomes white. Framerate hits about 90, and nothing is seen or heard.

I have tried dumping the game multiple times, editing it in Wiiscrubber (deleting partitions, scrubbing, trimming,...) or leaving it alone, and I've tried different revisions (with different compilers) of Dolphin in IL and not IL, in 64-bit and 32-bit, and on two different computers (albeit both Macs running Boot Camp). I've tried all three rendering plugins (and I've messed with the copy EFB) to no success. I've tried nullsound for the HLE sound plugin. I've tried pretty much everything.

Now does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you very much for your help,
and Merry Xmas!
Since you haven't mentioned it specifically, try unzipping a brand new copy of Dolphin into a new directory and running Brawl from the new directory. My guess is the memory card is corrupted.
Using latest revision should fix it
Thank you for your help!

Unfortunately, I have already tried using a brand new Dolphin directory, only changing graphical settings to overlay framerate and copy EFB to texture.

Also, the newest revision I have used is R4728, and I don't believe the newer revisions would fix this.

Any other suggestions? Thanks
I have now tried WhiteZero's 64-bit SVN build 4733. I downloaded it straight and loaded the game without adding any files or changing any settings. I still have the problem. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this error? Has anyone else had this error?
The MD5 of my dump is:

Code:
ca96568ce1255be3b95663fe561f376f

Do you have any cheats enabled in the file "User\GameConfig\RSBE01.ini"?
I resolved my issue. The problem was related to using the Boot Camp driver for accessing HFS+ drivers. I guess it was slightly buggy. Accessing the files in a different way allowed the games to work. Thanks for your help.

wise0neX

(12-28-2009, 01:39 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]I resolved my issue. The problem was related to using the Boot Camp driver for accessing HFS+ drivers. I guess it was slightly buggy. Accessing the files in a different way allowed the games to work. Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem and I am running bootcamp too. How did you fix it?
Thanks

motorde

(03-05-2010, 12:42 PM)wise0neX Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2009, 01:39 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]I resolved my issue. The problem was related to using the Boot Camp driver for accessing HFS+ drivers. I guess it was slightly buggy. Accessing the files in a different way allowed the games to work. Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem and I am running bootcamp too. How did you fix it?
Thanks

I figured out what the issue was with the blank screens on some games on Book Camp. If you're transfering files over from the Mac side or from an HD that's formatted through Mac OS Extended, it corrupts the ISO. I transfered the ISO from an external HD that used the Mac OS Extended format. When I transfered the file over through my network, the ISO was clean and worked right away.

Also on the Windows side of your Boot Camp, search for the file applehfs.sys and change it to applehfs_disabled.sys. Apparently the HFS+ driver is buggy and that also creates a problem.

The corrupt ISOs should work after fixing those issues. Let me know if it works out for you.

peacemaker898

Sorry for the bump, but I have the exact same problem, the difference is that I'm not running bootcamp, just Windows 7 x64. AFAIK, I'm using the latest version of Dolphin, I downloaded it a few days ago from the main website. I've already updated my Direct X and Visual Studio, everything is up to date.

The only other game I've tried is Super Smash Bros Melee for GC, and that works, albeit a bit slow.

Anyone know what do to? I've been googling all day, and have noticed that a lot of people have had this problem, but there hasn't been a single solution yet.

Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 2