Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Impressed by dolphin at friend's house, want to build a pc for it, but not sure of cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Razi.Trix

Hi i saw dolphin at friend's house and absolutely loved it, it ran pretty nicely on his hardware and in my case it was time for a pc upgrade anyway, if i can get the same results as him i would be happy, but due to budget restraints I'm stuck on the cpu, which is vital for emulation from what i understand, you see he has an i7 6700 (non k so its not overclocked), and i was wondering if i can get the same results with a ryzen 3400G. I searched online and while there's a few sites that do generate comparisons, i know that it can also vary a lot based on the use case, and those estimates are rough, i also browsed the benchmark thread but i didn't find anything conclusive.
Do you have the CPU to test? It should be good enough for most games, you probably won't even need a GPU.

Razi.Trix

(09-07-2020, 10:39 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the CPU to test? It should be good enough for most games, you probably won't even need a GPU.

No, that's why I'm asking, since i can't test it myself.