Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 1/2 press with analog shoulder buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a gamecube controller (This one) on ebay as well as a gamecube->usb adapter (this one).

The emulator ignores half presses on the analog shoulder buttons (L/R). I configured it in Windows XP and it does see the triggers as sliders. How can I let the emulator know that I have analog shoulder buttons?

I was trying this on "Dolphin SVN R 4710M".

Here's my config for the controller:
[Image: gccontrollerconfig.png]

I didn't really know what to do with the half-press button so I cleared it.

Any help please? Smile
Well ... with that controller you can't . You are out of buttons Tongue
(12-26-2009, 01:01 PM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Well ... with that controller you can't . You are out of buttons Tongue

Right, I wouldn't be able to assign a "half-press" key. What I'm saying is that the shoulder buttons ARE analog. Therefor there is no need for a "half-press" key if the emulator can understand that the L/R are analog. I can't figure out how to make it understand.
Nothing, huh?

Ataku

You know how there are 2 Left Trigger buttons? I set the Half Press to one of those so you can Run and Spray in Super Mario Sunshine.
What? No there's not. There's only 1 left trigger button. All I want to know is if there is a way to set Dolphin to use the trigger buttons on an analog gamepad to use the shoulder buttons as analog sliders instead of having to use them as digital buttons and have to use the 'half-press' button.
Probably not implemented for Gamecube controllers yet. You might report that as an issue on Dolphin's Google Code page.