Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question with Mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I am looking to play game cube on the go.

But I have a mac book it's 2.4GB c2d with 2gb of ram and 144mb of Vram, would this run fine? I can run in Xp
As from my knolage the GCN has a ppc chip in it. so could I run dolphin on an older mac that uses a ppc chip? or would that be a no?
(12-26-2009, 12:42 PM)mycatisbigfoot Wrote: [ -> ]Well I am looking to play game cube on the go.

But I have a mac book it's 2.4GB c2d with 2gb of ram and 144mb of Vram, would this run fine? I can run in Xp
Well , I should be fine but you need to compile it and compiling in mac osx is still a little complicated
(12-26-2009, 12:42 PM)mycatisbigfoot Wrote: [ -> ]As from my knolage the GCN has a ppc chip in it. so could I run dolphin on an older mac that uses a ppc chip? or would that be a no?
Dolphin was designed for a x86 architecture , It can't run in ppc architecture
Ok I ran in to my first problem...

I tried using it in windows (Full windows not VM) and I opened up Mario sunshine and it dolphin told me that Open gl crashed or something along the line. I'll boot back in to windows

EDIT (In windows)

I changed my graphics setting to direct X and when I open sunshine I get this message No possible memory base pointer found! so I click ok then I get a loading screen with black background. and once it said I did something ilegal.....

EDIT
I made a mem card file and it works, and the frame rate is wonder full

Edit 3 or 4 Lol Tongue
It frr-frrr-frrr-froze and then I got this blue screen and the computer restarted is this normal? I would think not
Just compile it under Mac. What's the point of buying a Mac if you are not going to use their operating system? Though I don't know if the current svn 4738 works for compiling on Mac. It sure doesn't work for Linux, produces errors.