Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Application like xpadder for keyboard to mouse mapping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

phantomdentist

Asking if this exists but also think it would be a good project if it does not.

Put simply, is there are application to map keyboard keys to mouse movement,buttons, scroll wheel?

Why?, heres why..

xpadder (as I'm sure many of you know) is a great little app for mapping keyboard keys, mouse buttons/movements and scroll wheel actions to game controllers.

So for example, you use it to map the keys aswd (which move you left ,back,forward,right in a standard fps game) and you assign these keys to left,down,up,right on the analog stick of a controller. So do this for all the keys you need and now you can play a game with no/poor/broken controller support with a controller very easily.

What I have been searching for invain is an application working on the same principle but that allows you to play games that only support controllers, with a mouse and keyboard on the pc (these of course consist almost entirley of emulated games as few pc games have no mouse/keyboard support)

Emulators themselves make this halfway possible control wise as you can setup your controller settings within an emulator to use keyboard keys. What you can't do however is set any of the emulated controller buttons/sticks to use mouse input (movements, mouse buttons, scroll wheel) or at least, I don't think you can.

Take timesplitters running on Dolphin (an amazing emulator btw) for example, I can easily set most of the controls to standard pc fps fair, crouch as c, wsad to move etc, but I cant set say left trigger (shoot) as mouse button 0, and c-stick (turn/look up and down) as mouse.

Is there any app where you can map keyboard keys to a mouses movement, mouse buttons, etc. It would need to do more than just map the keys of course, just as mapping awsd to a control stick in xpadder does because you need it to know how to deal with increments of 2 button presses. So if your mousing diagonly up and to the left it considers that a press of w and s.

Doing this would enable playing of most emulated fps games on pc with proper pc fps controls.

Cheers