Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to Get Start from Netplay Save State to Save on My NAND
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zonkedcorn

Howdy, I'm new to using Dolphin Netplay so sorry if I say anything dumb.

Here's the story, me and my bud wanted to play Kirby's Return to Dreamland together and we got Netplay set up and it ran swell. I used save states throughout our game and wasn't aware that Netplay didn't support loading them afterwards. Also, I wasn't aware that I had to tick off 'Write Save/SD Data' so that's another goof up on my end.

But I figured if I still have the plain save state I can load it up offline to my personal game and play through just enough for the game to save to the memory card, and then it would properly sync up me and my friend when we wanted to do netplay again. And theres the problem, it doesn't. I was able to load my netplay save state, but no matter what it just wouldn't save to NAND when I progressed. I thought it would have something to do with how that save state came from netplay, so I loaded that save, and then made another save state so that it would come from my offline session. Still no luck.
I tested starting the game from scratch and then making save states, and it worked exactly how I wanted it to. The save states always let the game write to memory.

This definitely has something to do with how it was a netplay save, but I cant figure out why then that when I made an offline save state from my netplay one it still doesn't work. I'm currently using Dolphin 5.0-12247

TL;DR Made netplay save state and wanted to load it to my offline game and save to NAND when I progressed, didn't save.
... Just use normal game saves. Save states love to mess up those saves.