Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphinbar issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I recently bought and received a dolphin bar off of amazon(got it around 8/19). it worked wonderfully for about two days, the only iffy thing was the wiimote speaker audio but that doesn't really matter that much to me. Anyways, around 8/21, I took a short two day break from playing my wii games to do other stuff that isn't obsessing over the mario galaxy series and spore hero. Come 8/23, my dolphinbar doesn't seem to be working correctly. it would register the remote every now n then, but only partially. The games didn't see that there was a remote connected and the only button I could press was the home button. The home screen showed that P1 was in fact connected, however, there were zero bars on the battery and again, nothing but the home button worked. All three other modes on the bar functioned properly, and still do. I've gone through the dolphin emu reddit for a while and couldn't find anything that was like my problem other than the dolphinbar just not connecting the remotes. I've tried searching for the update software/firmware for the bar for a while now with no luck, I uninstalled all the drivers and let them reinstall by unplugging and plugging it back in, I've tried further updating my dolphin(currently using version 5.0-12247), and so on, yet nothings working. Does anyone have a link to the dolphinbar software or some other method I could try to get it to work? I'd really like to get back to playing Super Mario Galaxy and would like to be able to use my wiimotes (there is bluetooth passthrough, it works, however its extremely finicky and doesn't work well for games like smg and spore hero for me).
Thank you so much in advance.
Oh, and I totally forgot to mention(doing so in a reply as I apparently don't have the option to edit my original post now), that all four wiimotes that I had been using were third party and they all worked perfectly until the bar just stopped allowing them. Currently, I have an official remote on me that works okay, but it isn't mine and my friend is going to be leaving soon, so I wont have it for long. I know dolphin isn't usually tested for compatibility with third party remotes(and honestly, I didn't know that at the time), however all four remotes I had, like before mentioned, worked perfectly with the dolphin bar at first.
(08-29-2020, 01:45 AM)ShadeCat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and I totally forgot to mention(doing so in a reply as I apparently don't have the option to edit my original post now), that all four wiimotes that I had been using were third party and they all worked perfectly until the bar just stopped allowing them. Currently, I have an official remote on me that works okay, but it isn't mine and my friend is going to be leaving soon, so I wont have it for long. I know dolphin isn't usually tested for compatibility with third party remotes(and honestly, I didn't know that at the time), however all four remotes I had, like before mentioned, worked perfectly with the dolphin bar at first.

I have same problem, add to this if you try dolphin bar in dolphin for android. it will work fine !! I need really this to work again in windows. Tried to contact dolphinbar support, they dont have any answer for this other than the remotes are 3rd party. if third party then how it works in android. Also it works with cemu emulator in Windows. so for sure it is dolphin emulator problem. please anyone help us fixing this. I stopped using dolphin emulator because of this issue.
How we can raise this issue officially to dolphin devs ?
There's a possibility that you received faulty hardware, which I hear is a common problem with many dolphinbar buyers. However, because 1st party remotes seem to work fine with it, I think the bar is fine. AFAIK, the only way to get 3rd party remotes working reliably is with Passthrough
(09-23-2020, 03:38 PM)Kookies Wrote: [ -> ]There's a possibility that you received faulty hardware, which I hear is a common problem with many dolphinbar buyers. However, because 1st party remotes seem to work fine with it, I think the bar is fine. AFAIK, the only way to get 3rd party remotes working reliably is with Passthrough

It is working in dolphin for android and cemu emulstor for wiiu. the only issue in dolphin for windows.
(09-23-2020, 07:43 PM)tarek_alassraj@hotmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]It is working in dolphin for android and cemu emulstor for wiiu. the only issue in dolphin for windows.

Maybe I can try uninstalling and reinstalling Dolphin. As again, they worked perfectly for a few days, I don't get why they suddenly stopped. I can't find any driver downloads for the dolphinbar either so I can't just manually update it or anything as well.
Update:

I updated my dolphin and now it thinks the wiimotes are connected(sync light is solid, p1 light on remote is solid), however it doesn't function at all. The game even recognizes that there is a wiimote on and doesn't prompt me to reconnect the wiimote. Like some users have mentioned, it works fine on android and cemu(which im probably gonna try out soon), but for some reason not on pc, and I really have no clue at all what could be causing it now that I've completely uninstalled dolphin then reinstalled it with a more current version(version 5.0-12713). Though, as this is a dev build, theres bound to be some instabilities.[url=https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/ebdcddfcd033b1069dc1010f233c19c419680674/][/url]
Any fix for This yet ? I can't play any games with wiimote 3rd party remotes. I even bought the passthrough ORICO bluetooth adapter and not working.

Dolphin Devs, I don't think it is hard to fix this with Dolphinbar. It is working in Dolhphin for android and in CEMU. Seems to be quick fix from your side.