Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Z button doesn't work with Wii games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Maybe this question has been asked before but I haven't found any solutions so far. When I use my gamecube controller with wii games, the z button doesn't work. I don't know what to do. I have the gamecube "z" button mapped to the "ZL" and "ZR" buttons on the "standard controller" extension of the "wii remote 1".
Does the Z button work in other programs?
Which game? What action are you trying to perform in this game?
(08-24-2020, 01:56 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Which game? What action are you trying to perform in this game?

Sonic Unleased, drift
(08-23-2020, 10:50 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the Z button work in other programs?

It works in gamecube games. It is even recognized in the button bindings. Just not in-game.
Be aware this game can also be played with both GameCube controllers and Wii Remotes.
I recommend disabling either all GameCube controllers or all Wii Remotes (whichever you are not using) to prevent confusion.

The internet tells me drift is not performed with the Z button on the "Classic Controller" extension.
It sounds like you're mistaking which controller the game is actually reading.
(08-24-2020, 11:13 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Be aware this game can also be played with both GameCube controllers and Wii Remotes.
I recommend disabling either all GameCube controllers or all Wii Remotes (whichever you are not using) to prevent confusion.

The internet tells me drift is not performed with the Z button on the "Classic Controller" extension.
It sounds like you're mistaking which controller the game is actually reading.

I only have one controller connected, and other inputs work. I pressed Z because the game tells me to press Z. No other button works for drifting
(08-25-2020, 05:01 AM)hydra Wrote: [ -> ]I only have one controller connected, and other inputs work. I pressed Z because the game tells me to press Z. No other button works for drifting

There is no button on the Classic Controller called Z, only buttons called ZL and ZR. So if the game is telling you to press Z, it's actually telling you to press Z on a GameCube controller. Make sure that the GameCube controllers in the Controllers window (ports 1-4) are set to None and not Standard Controller if you want to make sure that this game is not expecting inputs from a GameCube controller.
(08-25-2020, 05:32 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There is no button on the Classic Controller called Z, only buttons called ZL and ZR. So if the game is telling you to press Z, it's actually telling you to press Z on a GameCube controller. Make sure that the GameCube controllers in the Controllers window (ports 1-4) are set to None and not Standard Controller if you want to make sure that this game is not expecting inputs from a GameCube controller.

Sorry for the confusion. I want to use a gamecube controller to play this game. The goal is to play this game with a gamecube controller. I have all the gamecube controller ports set to "none" and am using the "classic controller" wiimote extension
(08-25-2020, 01:06 PM)hydra Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the confusion. I want to use a gamecube controller to play this game. The goal is to play this game with a gamecube controller. I have all the gamecube controller ports set to "none" and am using the "classic controller" wiimote extension

If you want to use a GameCube controller, you should set GameCube port 1 to Standard Controller and Wii Remote 1 to None. Alternatively, if you do want to use a Classic Controller, please post a screenshot of the game's button prompt for drifting.
Pages: 1 2