Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How stuff works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PvtHopscotch

Hi I'm sorry if I step on some toes by asking a question that has already been asked to death but all I could seem to find was "waa! this game doesn't work fix it for me!"

I'm just curious what goes into why a game is or isn't compatible. I'm not a complete tech noob but Emulating was never something I read too much into. Does it just stem mostly from having to Emulate very specific hardware using software? That being said is it also a lot of making use of hardware that was never meant to be used with user made "patches"?

Thanks
Mm....The compatibility list of games is very very, but bery big right now, a few of games are a bit buggy. The emulator is progressing every time. Mostly games depends for running decently of: RAM, MHZ or GHZ Graphics Card, FBS, the SS2, SS3 and SS4 support of your PC, etc. At least having a dual core Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD Athlon 64 X2.
Always use the latest version. Also you could search here and Google.
uhh, no it doesn't. As long as you meet the minimum requirements, dolphin doesn't really care. It doesn't work because either several hardware features aren't implemented to dolphin yet, a coder made a mistake/function isn't coded correctly, or the game is evil.