Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart question (Kart speed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bzz

Sorry in advance - new to forum.

Started a Mario Kart on Wii. Game runs perfect - my problem is - the kart speed is below what it should be. I copied my own disc for conveniance of playing on windows. I can see that the speed of karts is not what it is in original. Is this some sort of copy protection or did I mess up config?

I am on:
Ryzen 5 3600x
16gb ram
rx580 8gb
8bitdo SF30 PRO

Running Dolphin 5.0-12247 with:
Vulkan
3x native (1920x1584) for 1080p
2x MSAA
2x Antisotropic
Is the game running at 100% speed (60/50 fps)? Did you select the same mode (50cc/100cc/150cc) on console as on Dolphin when you compared the kart speed?

bzz

(08-19-2020, 05:03 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Is the game running at 100% speed (60/50 fps)? Did you select the same mode (50cc/100cc/150cc) on console as on Dolphin when you compared the kart speed?

Not to worry. I've solved the problem ;-) It was the controller that for some reason was press/release button rather than consistantly holding it when pressed. The result was 'click, click, click, click....' and that is why the kart never got to max speed. I mistakanly assumed it was emulator as I use the same controller elsewhere. Clearly Linux was handling it better than Windows ;-)

Thank you anyway ;-)