Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen Keeps Flashing Black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm not very good with computers, so please bear with me. My computer screen keeps flashing black whenever I run Dolphin. This started after running an ISO of Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure. I have tried googling this with very few results. I tried a few things: I went into the NVIDIA Control Panel>3D Settings>Manage 3D settings>Global Settings>Power management mode and changed this option to "Prefer maximum performance" as instructed on one website. I also tried messing around with the EFB and XFB settings as instructed on another website. Nothing seems to be working. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin 5.0 to no avail. What is happening? How can I fix this?
Have you tried the latest beta of dolphin?
(08-18-2020, 10:00 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest beta of dolphin?

This seemed to work! Not sure why 5.0-12247 is more stable than 5.0 on my computer. Thanks for the advice! Smile
Stable has not been updated in something like 3 years, so it's missing a lot of optimizations and emulation improvements that the Beta/Dev builds have.