Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Flyfunner

Hello,

I'm trying to run Fire Emblam Radiant Dawn (NTSC version) on dolphin 5.0-12247, but every time I launch the game it just shows me a black screen, FPS number just shows something around 1 FPS and nothing happens, no wii warning screens, no sound, nothing, and when I hit escape it just closes without even the warning message. Any other Wii game I have runs just fine.

I tried multiple different version of the game, so its unlikely to be a problem with the file itself and also tried to tinker with some settings that caused other games to not run or crash, but no change, always just the black screen and nothing happening. I'm not an expert with settings in dolphin though, so I might have missed some things. I tried googling this but every other mention of fire emblem and black screen was somewhere else later in the game, not directly at launch.

Any idea what can cause this? Do you need more information?
A black screen usually means a bad dump. Don't assume your dump is good, actively verify it. Right-click the game in Dolphin's GUI, go to Properties, go to the Verify tab and hit the Verify Integrity button. If there are any issues, Dolphin will alert you. In that case, it's best to redump the game from the original disc using homebrew software like CleanRip.