Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: RE code: Veronica X frozen and can't progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Flan_Man

I was playing the other day and when I entered a room I used a savestate just to save my progress, but when the animation ended the "freeze" happened and now I can't progress even if I load the savestate. Whenever the game "freezes" the background music runs smoothly for about 5 seconds then suddenly stops, no buttons I press work and the emulator says that it's running at 0 fps 60 vps - 100%, I can still see the game and the character but everything is frozen obviously.

I'm running Dolphin 5.0-12247
Windows 10 x64
Intel core i5 7200U
8GB ram
Nvidia geforce MX110
You'll need to start over from an earlier save.

Flan_Man

Is there really no way of getting that savestate to work again? Since the last time I saved on that game was a long while ago.
And whats the reason behind this? is it specific to the game or some sort of wrong configuration I did on dolphin?
It could have been an dolphin update. Save state are generally are unreliable due to the nature of them, and an update in dolphin could have made change that broke the save state.