Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: paper mario save file corrupted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

erisch

So basically, i've played chapter 4 on Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door yesterday but while playing i've already noticed that in the top-left corner it was saving in a weird other save file called "__00____00__-__00____00____00____00__-mariost_save_file" instead of the usual one called: "01-G8MP-mariost_save_file", so today i've tried to play again but noticed my progress of chapter 4 was completely gone, i have the weird file and the usual file, on the weird file is the progress (corrupted, can't import it) of chapter 4 and the usual one which works fine but only has the progress until after chapter 3.
i've already tried to import the corrupted save file a few times but no luck, when starting the game and loading into the save selection screen it says "no save file for paper mario found" (or smth like that, i'm german).
Also one more thing: in the gamecube save file manager the weird file gets normally detected as a paper mario file and says when i last played it.
I really don't wanna play chapter 4 again, does someone know how i could get the progress back without downloading a save file from the internet?

Here some screenshots:
[attachment=19058]
[attachment=19059]
[attachment=19060]
I believe it's possible to fix this by using a hex editor to replace the first four bytes of the "weird" file with the first four bytes of a normal file. You may also need to rename the file to the normal name.

To prevent this problem from happening again, make sure to use a recent version of Dolphin, not 5.0 stable.

erisch

(08-04-2020, 10:27 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it's possible to fix this by using a hex editor to replace the first four bytes of the "weird" file with the first four bytes of a normal file. You may also need to rename the file to the normal name.

To prevent this problem from happening again, make sure to use a recent version of Dolphin, not 5.0 stable.

could i possibly send you both files and you could do that quickly for me? That would be nice of you because I don't really know how to hex edit or stuff like that.
(08-04-2020, 10:30 PM)erisch Wrote: [ -> ]could i possibly send you both files and you could do that quickly for me? That would be nice of you because I don't really know how to hex edit or stuff like that.

Okay.

erisch

(08-04-2020, 10:58 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Okay.
thank you!

I just uploaded both files to GDrive because i can't attach them :/

anyway, here's the working one with less progress:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UVUaykFT9Ag4cQd7GjVrZQcmg0-AZ5-a/

and here the corrupted one with more progress:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y7YNhSj_EI2WEK7Z6syhkwisy1bxR9uA/

hope you can somehow fix it Smile
Here it is.

erisch

(08-04-2020, 11:57 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is.

Works! Thank you so much.

Omeganitro

I have this problem too but I don’t really understand the hex editor thing
I have this problem too I don’t get the whole hex editor thing could you do this for me too please
are my messages going thought if they are sorry I can't se them but if the aren't I have the same problem if anyone can please help with it

Omeganitro

(07-17-2021, 09:22 AM)Omeganitro Wrote: [ -> ]I have this problem too but I don’t really understand the hex editor thing

I have this problem too I don’t get the whole hex editor thing could you do this for me too please

are my messages going thought if they are sorry I can't se them but if the aren't I have the same problem if anyone can please help with it
Forum Rules Wrote:Necroposting: In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

Closed.