Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Am I doing something wrong? (Wii related)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay my system specs for starters :

Phenom X2 dual core both at 3.6 ghz
ati 4870
4gb RAM
Windows 7

Build: SVN R 475M 64 bit

When i tried playing super mario galaxy at 1920x1080 resolution I had terrible slow gameplay. Tried at 1280x720 and still had terrible slow gameplay.

Maybe i set the settings wrong? Help me out :p.

Edit:
Just tried 720x480, and its better but its still slow. Also the cutscene sound is horrible and is choppy. Its the PAL version if it helps any.
Post Dolphin settings you use
Just got the latest build, SVN 4727. It fixed my sound and cutscenes but still stuttering game play it even crashed. Game play is especially slow in the beginning sequence and is better once in the little planets.

My settings are in the image below:
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6370/settingswii.png
Well, I guess there's nothing you can do but just live with it. Or maybe just try out Direct3D plugin?
No worries I found out how to fix it Tongue. Thanks.
maybe you explain how you fixed it would be nice for those who have the same problem
Well from my settings originally posted above, I just disabled panic handlers, disable progressive scan, disable EurGB60 Mode and disable overlay fps. Also enabled lock threads to core. And what really helped was using the frame skip option under the emulation tab. I set it to 9. Also let me remind you i put the resolution on 1920x1080. Depending on how you want to play you might want to put it to a lower resolution for a fps boost. make sure to turn down af and aa all the way down since i noticed that takes up a lot of resources.
Mm....Frameskipping to 9? That doesnt make the game jump many frames?
Mm.....Many people set to 1.