Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD crashes with HD texture pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

luke_vader

i saw the Paper Mario TTYD HD Texture Pack and wanted to try it out, however it seems to crash immediately every time i try to launch it with the HD texture pack, I've also tried playing it in windows and it loads up with absolutely no problem, i've tried loading it on another PC running Fedora Linux with both Intel integrated and NVIDIA dedicated graphics but the same issue happened. I also tried a Pikmin HD texture pack and that one just loaded fine. I've only tried running it in fedora so i don't know if the problem persists in different Linux distros.
I also tried setting it to minimum settings and disabling dual core but it keeps happening

i didn't find any helpful information online, am i missing something?
Enable "Panic handlers" in the "Interface" section of the main Config setting

Also try disabling "Prefetch custom textures" if you haven't already

luke_vader

(07-29-2020, 11:18 AM)KatIsntGood Wrote: [ -> ]Enable "Panic handlers" in the "Interface" section of the main Config setting

Also try disabling "Prefetch custom textures" if you haven't already

Thank you, panic handlers was already enabled, however disabling Prefetch custom textures seems to have fixed the issue completely. I'll have to play further to be sure it doesn't introduce any issues.
still find it weird how this crashes the game in Linux but not in windows.
There's a weird sort of bug that hasn't been pinned down when you prefetch textures that are ~4GB of size or more. Every single texture pack that fits that size has always locked up Dolphin for me for some time